shmeh

I was the only one who had to come in on Saturday. The office was dark save for one lone cubicle with its light on and the radio playing. I tiptoed around the corner to see what soul shared my fate, and to see if he or she would share my company, but there was no one there. The light and radio were left on from before the power-outage yesterday. I parked my stuff in suite 4, turned on the avid, and under the whir of all that machinery, tried not to feel what I was feeling. But in the end, all it took was a minidisk player hooked into the sound system and some good music played at full volume to make it all better, at least for the moment. Playing your music at full volume is really all one can do when faced with an empty office and a day spent alone. Except for maybe working naked. But there's always that risk that somebody might come by to pick up a contract or check their e-mail.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

automath

the water

february 2019