autumn in the city


           Our weekend commenced with bold intentions that fizzled with the rain and the cold.  Instead we found ourselves doing domestic things; setting up the new internet, cleaning the kitchen. Then drinking coffee at the French restaurant across the street and looking up autumnal activities on our phones. 
            “We could go to the ocean park by the Rockaways,” I suggested.  “There will be sand dunes. We can walk in the rain and enjoy the melancholy.”
            “Hmm.”  Michael contemplated this.  "I like the idea of going to a sad ocean park, but I don't know what we'd do there together. I won't be able to have my melancholy thoughts.”
            “That’s not true!”
            Michael looked at me.  “You do little dances and stuff."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

automath

the water

february 2019